- Interlibrary loan services are for South Burlington residents only, with current library cards.
- Loans from other libraries typically take 1-2 weeks to receive but can sometimes take 2 to 4 weeks for hard to find or popular items.
- There is a maximum of 3 active requests per patron at a time.
- Patrons must be in “good standing” to request items through ILL (i.e. not restricted, no overdue items
- Materials must be in publication for at least 6 months before requesting from another library.
- Audio/visual materials: patrons may borrow books or music on CD, but we do not borrow DVDs from other libraries.
- Patrons may request books, journal articles, and audiobooks through ILL.
- Renewal requests should be made 5 days before an ILL item is due; it is up to the owning library to grant a renewal for an item.
Interlibrary loan requests can be made in person at the Library or over the phone at 802-846-4140.