- Interlibrary loan services are for South Burlington residents only, with current library cards.
- Loans from other libraries typically take 1-2 weeks to receive but can sometimes take 2 to 4 weeks for hard to find or popular items.
- There is a maximum of 3 active requests per patron at a time.
- Patrons must be in “good standing” to request items through ILL (i.e. not restricted, no overdue items
- Materials must be in publication for at least 6 months before requesting from another library.
- Audio/visual materials: patrons may borrow books or music on CD, but we do not borrow DVDs from other libraries.
- Patrons may request books, journal articles, and audiobooks through ILL.
- Renewal requests should be made 5 days before an ILL item is due; it is up to the owning library to grant a renewal for an item.
Interlibrary loan is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Vermont State Library.