eBooks, Audio & Video
The South Burlington Public Library has a great collection of eBooks, Digital Audiobooks, and Streaming Videos for patrons to borrow. Available 24/7!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign into Libby?
- You will need your South Burlington library card number and catalog account password. This password is your PIN for Libby and the Palace Project.
- Select Sign In on the Green Mountain Library Consortium website.
- Select South Burlington Public Library.
- Enter your Library Card Number (letters are case sensitive) and PIN (password).
How do I get a PIN or password for the catalog?
Follow the steps below or watch our video tutorial.
- Go to library catalog and choose Please login in the top right hand corner.
- Barcode: Enter in your South Burlington Library card number exactly as printed (case sensitive).
- Password: Enter userpass (all lowercase and no spaces)
- You will then be prompted to create a new password. This password will be your PIN (password) for logging in to Libby and the Palace Project
South Burlington residents with a library card may use the eBooks, Digital Audiobooks, and Streaming Videos. Accounts must be in good standing to borrow from the digital collection. Homecard patrons should check with their local library for access. Patrons with Nonresident cards are not eligible for this service.
Libby and the Palace Project
- You will need your library card number and PIN (password) from the South Burlington Public Library.
Library card number: 14-digit string of numbers and letters from the back of your library card.
PIN: your password to the library catalog. Don't have a password to the catalog yet? See the FAQ "How do I get a PIN or password for the catalog?"
- You will need your library card number and email address.
- You can check out up to 3 items at one time and place up to 10 holds.
- You can select to up to borrow books for 7 or 14 days. For help see, Changing your loan period.
- You can check out up to 3 items at one time.
- The checkout time is 14 days.
- You receive 6 tickets a month. Movies generally require 2-4 tickets. TV series are usually use 4 tickets. Some videos do not require tickets.
- The time to watch videos varies. Look for access time next to the number of tickets.
- Kanopy Kids is unlimited.
Yes, your eBooks, Digital Audiobooks, and Streaming Videos will sync across multiple devices when you sign in with the same library card.
- You can place up to 10 titles on hold at one time. You’ll receive a notification when a title becomes available. Once the notice is sent, you’ll have 4 days (96 hours) to borrow the title through your Libby app. If you don’t retrieve it in time, the title will be made available to the next user on the list. You will remain at the top of the holds list for one final attempt when the book becomes available again.
- There is no hold option, but you can create a watchlist for films you want to watch later.
Libby & Palace Project
- No, eBooks and digital audiobooks are self service for holds and check outs. If you're having trouble placing a hold, call the Library to arrange a one on one tech help appointment.
- Kanopy does not offer holds.
No, books and videos “expire” at the end of the checkout or access period, so it can never be turned in late.
- The option to renew a title will appear on your bookshelf within 3 days of the title’s expiration date. If there are no existing holds on a title, the Renew icon will be green. In this case, you can use the renew feature to hold a copy of the title for you, so that you can borrow it again immediately once your first checkout expires.
- If there are existing holds on a title, the Renew icon will be grayed out. In this case, you can still use the renew feature to reserve a spot on the title’s holds list so that you can borrow it again as soon as it’s available.
- Palace does not allow renewals at this time.
- Kanopy does not have renewals, but you can watch the film again if you have enough tickets available.