SATURDAY JUNE 24: There will be NO access to the back parking lot on this date.
Summer Reading Challenges for Children, Teens, and Adults
Discover, play, and learn all summer long with the South Burlington Public Library! Whether you're a kid, teen, or adult, we've got a summer reading challenge for you! Join in by reading or listening to books and attending library programs from June 1st through July 29th. You'll earn raffle tickets for exciting prizes, while preventing the summer slide! Sound fun? Read on to see which challenge is right for you and your family!
Congratulations to our Summer Reading Winners of all ages!
Summer Reading Challenges by Ages:
Ages Birth to 4:
- Register at the Children's Desk on or after June 1st and pick up a Summer Reading Kit for Ages 0-4.
- Read, write, sing, talk and play with your little one! For each activity you complete, add a sticker to your activity chart. (Raffle tickets and prizes are not available with this program)
- Repeat! Add your own! Check out our new 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Program for more reading challenges.
- Join us for an End of Summer Party on July 28th- just right for our youngest readers!
- Download the Summer Reading Flyer for Birth to 4 for more details.
For Elementary age K-5, and Middle Grades, 5-8:
- Register at the Children's Desk on or after June 1st and pick up a Summer Reading Packet.
- Start Reading! For every book you read or listen to, fill out a raffle ticket. You can also earn extra tickets by attending Library programs and checking out books! We love using Beanstack to keep track of our reading, but if you'd like to use a paper log or another book tracking website, that's fine too.
- Trade your raffle ticket for a small Treasure Chest Prize, or drop your raffle ticket into one of the 5 big Prize Buckets drawn at the end of the summer. Will you win the prize? Read more to enter more tickets!
- Winning raffle tickets will be drawn at the Final Summer Reading Party on July 29th and prizewinners announced on Monday, August 1st. (You do not have to be present to win).
- Download the Summer Reading Flyer for Grades K-5 or Grades 5-8 for more details. See here for all programs for children and families.
Teens and Adults:
- Pick up a Summer Reading Kit from the 2nd floor Ask Me desk at the Library, on or after June 11th.
- Sign up for Beanstack (optional) and keep track of your reading to earn raffle tickets from June 1st through July 29th. If you prefer to track your reading on paper or on a different website, that's fine too.
- For each book you read or listen to, complete a raffle ticket and drop it in the prize bucket of your choice. You can also earn raffle tickets for attending Library programs.
- Winning raffle tickets will be drawn on July 30th and prizewinners announced on Monday, August 1st. Remember, the more you read, the more chances you'll have to win!