NEW LIBRARY HOURS:
Monday - Thursday: 10 am to 7 pm
Friday: 10 am to 5 pm
Saturday: 10 am to 2 pm
If you have not yet set up your account, click here. Once logged in, find and select the title in your preferred format, then click the Place Hold button. You will receive an email notice when that item is ready for you. The Library will hold it for you on our Reserves Cart near the Circulation Desk, until the expiration date on your notice. Items on the cart have already been checked out to you. Keep in mind that we need to have requests placed by 8:30 am for same day pickup.
Login Tips for Overdrive/Libby
- The two systems, library catalog and Overdrive/Libby, are synced and Overdrive/Libby now requires a PIN. Have you set up an account to log into the South Burlington library catalog to renew library items etc.? If so the password used there would be the PIN for Overdrive/Libby.
- If not, go to https://sburl.agverso.com/home?cid=sburl&lid=sburl
- Log in with your library barcode number and userpass as password. You will then be prompted to create a personal password.
- Be sure to enter library card barcode exactly (case sensitive)
- If the letter O does not work perhaps it is the number 0 – What might look like the number 8 could be the letter B…
- Libby/Overdrive does not recognize anything other than a number or a letter at the end of library barcode.
- You will need to contact the Library by June 11 or after our move to the new location to obtain a new barcode.
- If your card has expired you will not be able to access Libby/Overdrive between June 12 and our reopening.
- Staff will not be available again for assistance until after we open at our new location.
- Please check your accessibility before we close our location at the Mall.
We have been hearing from some folks that they are having issues with their Libby app.
They have tried this and were able to get in successfully. In the Libby app tap Menu > Library cards. Tap on your library card and Unlink Card. Tap again to confirm. Close the Libby app. Wait maybe 20 minutes and launch Libby again and add your card under Menu>Library Cards>Sign in to see if all is good.
Please read the following documents if you are interested in how we are handling safety.
Please read our letter regarding the Library closure on March 17, 2020 due to the COVID-19 virus.
Online Library Resources
- eBooks and Audiobooks are available to South Burlington residents using the Libby and Overdrive Apps as well through an internet browser. You can find more information on how to access our eBook and Audiobook collection here. You will need your exact South Burlington library card number and catalog account password.
- Vermont Online Library provides access to Gale databases, enabling library patrons to search magazines, newspapers, books, and more.
- EBSCO’s Learning Express Library provides a comprehensive selection of academic and career-related online tools.
- Online genealogy resources are provided for your review and use.
- Universal Class offers more than 500 online courses free to South Burlington resident cardholders.
- Online Library Programming is available to those who are interested. Watch YouTube Storytimes on your own schedule. Attend Zoom meetings for our Great Decisions series, Cookbook Club, and Book Discussions. Stay up to date by visiting our Events page.
- The Vermont Department of Health has launched a new go-to resource for Vermonters to see an in-depth picture of COVID-19 activity in Vermont.
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) developed an extensive COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide.
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) maintains a current page on health related information on COVID-19.
- The Vermont Department of Labor has information on directions to file for unemployment.
- The office of Senator Bernie Sanders assembled an excellent resource on "What You Need to Know about the Federal Stimulus Package" specifically for Vermonters and where to go to apply for support. Find the excerpt here.
- The National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) has a comprehensive Coronavirus Resources webpage, updated daily, that covers a range of policy areas from health and fiscal to elections. New additions include:
Small Business Loan (PPP & EIDL) Fact Sheet (PDF)
Student Loan Fact Sheet (PDF)
Stimulus Check Fact Sheet (PDF)