Dear Library Users:
It was with a heavy heart that we closed the South Burlington Library on March 17 at 2:00 pm. The City of South Burlington, in coordination with the Chair of our Board of Trustees, made this difficult decision in order to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. No date has been set for reopening, but we expect to stay closed for a few weeks. As always, stay up-to-date by checking our web page and following us on Facebook.
Despite our closed doors, Library Staff are still available to help you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 846-4140 with questions from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please leave a message if you can't get through immediately. We will call you back.
If you have items out, don’t worry about renewals or fines. All items currently checked out are set to renew automatically. There will be no overdue notices or fines accruing during this time. If possible, please keep your materials until the Library reopens.
Current South Burlington residents can access many library services 24/7 online using your South Burlington Public Library card. If you are a Homecard user and are having trouble accessing online resources, please contact your home library.
If you are a South Burlington resident without a library card, call us or email for a temporary virtual card, which will be good for the next 6 months. This will allow you to download digital books.
During this period, we will be sharing online resources to keep you connected with books, authors, ideas and interesting people – more on this to come. We also plan to develop tutorials on how to use certain electronic services.
All of us here wish you the very best during these turbulent times,
Jennifer Murray and the Library Staff
- Ebooks and Audiobooks are available to South Burlington residents using the Libby and Overdrive Apps as well through an internet browser. You can find more information on how to access our Ebook and Audiobook collection here. You will need your exact South Burlington library card number and catalog account password*.
*If you have not yet set up a catalog account password first go to our catalog to create an account. Enter your South Burlington resident library card number as username and userpass for your password. You will then be prompted to create a new password. This password will be your PIN for logging into our Ebook and Audiobook collection via Libby, Overdrive and Green Mountain Library Consortium. For desktop and laptop catalog instructions click here. For complete smartphone and tablet instructions tap here.
- Vermont Online Library provides access to Gale databases, enabling library patrons to search magazines, newspapers, books, and more.
- EBSCO’s Learning Express Library provides a comprehensive selection of academic and career-related online tools.
- Online genealogy resources are provided for your review and use.
- Universal Class offers more than 500 online courses free to South Burlington resident cardholders.